TLG’s Philippines Market Quarterly is a periodic deep dive offering updated each quarter for energy sector stakeholders to stay abreast of the latest developments and market insights. Our Philippines Market Quarterly offering comprises:
- A concise, quarterly-updated market report setting out key market developments unfolding nationally and across Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
- Near-term WESM forecast outlook covering pricing and new build opportunities.
- Focus areas covering LNG-to-Power, renewables, pricing dynamics and contracting activity.
- Deep-dive on topical issues shaping the market.
- Access to up-to-date market analytics and key data.
- Consultation with TLG’s team of Philippine market experts.
In addition to our coverage of key areas, each edition covers a special deep-dive topic. In this latest issue, we explore the underlying causes of the WESM supply crunch and price volatility that characterised the market during Q2 2021. While the event-driven, volatile nature of the WESM market has been a longstanding feature of the Philippines market, the most recent quarter saw a convergence of factors – across demand, coal plant reliability, and hydrological seasonality – that took the market by surprise.
Please contact us here to find out more.